After winning the title of Pro Kabaddi season 3, Patna pirates added one more feather to their cap by winning the Pro Kabaddi season 4 too. Final match took place on 31 July 2016 against Jaipur Panthers. Patna pirates took the ball in their court from the first blown whistle itself .
Here are 10 things you should know about the team.
1. Patna Pirates became the only team in the history of four tournaments to win the trophy twice in four editions.
2. The owner of this winning team is KVS Energy and Sports Limited which is owned by Rajesh Shah, Co-Chairman and Managing Director of Mukand Ltd and his son Mr. Kaustubh Vir Shah. It is his first venture into the sporting territory.
3. The team is based in Patna, Bihar and nd play their home matches at the Patliputra Sports Complex, Patna.
4. In the first season, Patna Pirates lost the semifinals but won the third place playoff against Bengaluru Bulls.
5. In the following season, the team raised by one step and secured second position and the title was dropped off to U Mumba.
6. In the year 2016, Season 3 was played and U Mumba was defeated by Patna Pirates and they won the title of Pro kabaddi.
7. During the bidding for the first season, Indian railway’s Rakesh Kumar, a multiple gold medallist at the Asian Games and World Cup was taken by Patna pirates at whopping 12.80 lacs.
8. The team has a fan base of 2.25 lakh verify followers on Facebook, 1203k on twitter, 4,806 on Instagram and is led currently byDharamraj Charlthan who plays as the defender of the right and left corner and coached by Arjun Singh.
9. The lyrics of the Pirates anthem are written by Prasoon Joshi with an input of music by Late Aadesh Shrivastava and sung by much loved Kailash Kher.
10. The name of the team is not after the criminal meaning of the word but from the Greek word ‘peirin’ which means “to attack.
We wish our heartiest congratulation to the Patna Pirates team for this consecutive win. Let us wait for the fifth season and see if Patna Pirates take the crown third time also 🙂
If you loved this story, don’t forget to like and share it with your friends.