Khaled Hosseini, the Afghan-American author has made his mark on the world by his super amazing writing skills that have touched every heart.
Here are 19 of his most influential quotes that have stayed in our hearts long after we kept the books down.
1. “Life just doesn’t care about our aspirations or sadness. It’s often random, and it’s often stupid and it’s often completely unexpected, and the closures and the epiphanies and revelations we end up receiving from life, begrudgingly, rarely turn out to be the ones we thought.”
2. “Of all the hardships a person had to face, none was more punishing than the simple act of waiting.”
3. “Better to get hurt by the truth than comforted with a lie.”
4. “And that’s the thing about people who mean everything they say. They think everyone else does too.”
5. “There is only one sin and that is theft… when you tell a lie, you steal someone’s right to the truth. “
6. “Children aren’t colouring books. You don’t get to fill them with your favourite colours.
7. “But it is important to know this, to know your roots. To know where you started as a person. If not, your own life seems unreal to you. Like a puzzle.”
8. “But then it passed, as all things do.”
9. “Marriage can wait, education cannot.”
10. ” The rope that pulls you from the flood can become a noose around your neck”
11. “You see, some things I can teach you. Some you learn from books. But there are things that, well, you have to see and feel.”
12. “But time, it is like charm. You never have as much as you think. ”
13. “Like a compass needle that points north, a man’s accusing finger always finds a woman. Always.”
14. “Perhaps this is just punishment for those who have been heartless, to understand only when nothing can be undone. “
15. “I suspect the truth is that we are waiting, all of us, against insurmountable odds, for something extraordinary to happen to us.”
16. “It’s wrong what they say about the past, I’ve learned, about how you can bury it. Because the past claws its way out.”
17. “Time can be a greedy thing-sometimes it steals the details for itself.”
18. “it always hurts more to have and lose than to not have in the first place.”
19. “It may be unfair, but what happens in a few days, sometimes even a single day, can change the course of a whole lifetime…”
Did we miss any quote? Let us know in the comments section.
Feature Image Source
Join our list
Be part of 10,000+ young brigades. Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates directly to your email inbox .