It’s happening. The MacBook Pro is back in town and it’s better than ever. Apple launched the most recent addition to the Macintosh family at a convention to an aspiring crowd.
Apple’s tirade of overpricing products was met with some dull faces. But people just couldn’t take their eyes from the MacBook.
Here’s what Apple has shown so far.
1. The new MacBook Pro contains a highly-touted new Touch Bar and a touch-sensitive OLED control bar.
2. The TrackPad has been expanded quite a lot. It works on the same force touch technology from the previous models.
3. Apple won’t be hearing jokes about headphone jacks for some time as the thunderbolt ports remain present.
4. It’s available in three versions- two 13-inch types and one 15-inch. It’s also both the thinnest and lightest MacBook Pro of its lineage.
5. According to Apple’s specs, the 13-inch model is 14.9mm thick and weighs 3 lbs while the other model is 15.5mm thick.
6. Early bird users commended the speakers which Apple described as “room-filling”.
7. It uses a 2nd-generation fingerprint sensor coupled with an Apple T1 Chip making payments and transactions more secure.
8. The 13-inch model gives off a stunning 5K display, while the 15-inch version can power two monitors at the same time.
9. The 11-inch MacBook Air has been put out of stock. Bad news also for the Touch Bar, which was removed to make room for other secondary features.
10. The keyboard has been improved to a 2nd-generation butterfly switch to provide better speed and ease.
11. The MacBook Pro is run by an Intel 6th-generation Skylake Core i7 processor. This gives a 2,133MHz memory.
12. AMD’s Polaris GPU has been built into the MacBook. This gives a smooth 4GB VRAM with amplified performance on graphics.
13. Apple claims a battery life of over 10 hours on all versions with just one charge.
14. TheSuperfast SSD raises the capacity to 2TB bragging a transfer speed of 3.1 GB/s.
15. The two versions for the 13-inch variant start at $1,499 and $1,799 respectively. The 15- inch variant starts at $2,399.
The shipment of the new Touch Bar models will start in 2-3 weeks but the pre-order booking can be done now. The entry-level 13-inch MacBook Pro is already available in stores now.
Did you like this new Macbook? What’s your views on this? Write in the comment section.