Rohit Khandelwal became the first Asian to win the Mr. World 2016 title at the Mr. World competition held at the Southport Theatre and Convention Centre in Southport, UK. Around 46 contestants from across the world competed against him.
Here’s all that you need to know about him…
The 26-year-old model-actor is from the city of nizams , Hyderabad. He graduated from Aurora Degree College and then moved to Mumbai for further studies.
2. He worked as ground staff for SpiceJet and later as a technical support assistant for Dell Computers.
3. His first brush with television was when his break in a jewellery advertisement with Kareena Kapoor.
4. Later he made his debut on television by appearing in an episode of the show Yeh Hai Aashiqui in 2014.
5. He has also modeled for the online shopping site Myntra.
6. He won the Mr. India contest in 2015 and went on to bag two special awards, “Stay-on Mr. Active” and “Provogue Personal Care Best Actor”.
7. Shah Rukh Khan and Will Smith are his biggest inspirations.
8. In the Times Most Desirable Men 2015 list, he ranked at #7.
9. He loves to unwind by spending time with kids as it brings happiness and joy to him.
10. To get to his goal of a chiseled body, the most difficult task for him was letting go of junk food.
After his victory Rohit said ,
” I still can’t believe that I have won the Mr. World title. Being the first Indian ever to win this title internationally makes me immensely proud and ecstatic. Its a dream come true and am very thankful to the Miss India Organisation for giving me this opportunity and guiding me throughout my exciting journey. My family, friends and my fans have been a constant support for me and this wouldn’t have been possible without the support of my well-wishers.”
For the finale, Rohit wore a tuxedo by Nivedita Saboo. He received a cash prize of $50,000 along with the title.
His remarkable feat proves that India has a lot of potentials and can shine in any field that they choose to.