F.R.I.E.N.D.S has been epic since its start in the early 90’s.
The thing I remember and miss most about F.R.I.E.N.D.S are the things Monica, Rachel, and Phoebe’s friendship taught us all about the important relationships in my life.
Monica, Phoebe, and Rachel had set your #Friendshipgoals before hashtags were even a thing. Here we have listed 17 things that we all have learned from them.
Get latest updates straight to your inbox.
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
1. When anyone of you doesn’t like someone, your besties will be on your side no matter if you’re right or wrong.
2. Boys are never more important than friendship.
In the episode where Rachel goes out with Jean Claude Van Damn, who Monica has a crush on, and in another Monica goes out with Rachel’s high school sweetheart Chip. This causes tension between the girls and leads to a fight. But in the end, both of them realize their friendship is way more important than some dumb guy.
3. The best roommates are your best friends and not the guys you love
When Rachel moves out of Monica’s, both of them realize that there are some things you can only do with your best friends …and now Monica has to live with a boy.
4. They support each other’s crazy ideas
Because, well, we are girls, and sometimes we just need to laze around in wedding dresses and drink beer.
5. When you’re acting childish, they’re not afraid to tell you to cut your shit out and pull it together.
6. She’ll always show you life’s reality, no matter how bad it is.
7. You will fight like sisters.
Monica: “Hi, I’m Rachel. Oh, my God! I love Ross. I hate Ross. But I love Ross. I hate Ross!” Rachel: “I’m Monica. Oh, my God! I can’t find a boyfriend, so I guess I’ll just stumble across the hall and sleep with the first guy I find in there!”
8. No matter how much you both fight, You’ll always be there for each other.
9. You will be there for each other’s critical moments
From Rachel’s first real job to Monica’s wedding to Phoebe’s triplets, these three were there for all of the important moments and even the unimportant ones. Could there be a greater bond than one where your BFF is there for every single important moment, every time of joy, and every period of struggle? I don’t think so.
10. If there are things you aren’t ready to tell them, they will still support you.
When Monica and Chandler are secretly dating, Rachel and Phoebe find out about it. They try to get Monica to tell her, but then Monica never does. Rachel decides to confront them but then realizes that she is happy for her friend, and Monica will tell her when she’s ready.
11. You will do anything for your friends even if it is illegitimate.
When Rachel injures her ankle and has no insurance, Monica lets her pretend to be her to use hers. Even though they ultimately go back and change it. This shows that when your friends need you, you are constantly there.
12. They Encourage Each Other to Challenge Their Fears
We all need that special friend who pushes us a little to do the things that scare us.
13.You all think alike and will even have the same expression at times
14. They irritate you the most yet love you unconditionally
15. They don’t let you do crazy stuff alone
16. They will give the best hugs
17. You have seen each other’s worst, still you stuck together
The most important lesson Monica, Rachel, and Phoebe taught us is that no matter where life takes you, your best friends will always be right there by you or a call away.
If you loved this story, share it with your friends now. 🙂