Today is a big day for every Indian. In a sudden address to the nation, Prime Minister Narendra Modi yesterday announced that Rs 500 and Rs 1000 banknotes would be legally invalid and from today onwards, a new series of Rs.500 and Rs.2000 note will be added to the mainstream economy. This is indeed a huge step against the rampant corruption.
Here is what you need to know about the new series of Rs.500 and Rs.2000 Note.
500 Rupees Note
1 The Size and Color
The size of the new Rs.500 note is 63 mm x 150 mm and the color is stone gray. The old 500 note was 73mm x 167 mm.
2 Indian Heritage Site Theme – Red Fort
There is the image of Red fort on the back of the note. It also highlights the “Swachchh Bharat Abhiyaan” Logo in the bottom left.
Other Features as described on the official Ministry of Finance website.
3 On the front side ( Observe)
1. See-through the register in denominational numeral.
2. The latent image of the denomination numeral.
3. Denomination numeral in Devanagari.
4. Orientation and relative position of Mahatma Gandhi portrait changed.
5. Windowed security thread changes color from green to blue when the note is tilted.
6. Guarantee clause, Governor’s signature with promise clause and RBI emblem tilted towards the right.
7. Portrait and electrotype watermarks.
8. Number panel with numerals growing from small to big on the top left side and bottom right side.
9.Denomination in numerals with rupee symbol in color changing ink (green to blue) on the bottom right.
10. Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right.
4 For visually impaired:
Raised printing of Mahatma Gandhi portrait, Ashoka Pillar emblem, based and the identification mark.
11. Circle with Rs 500 in raise print on the right.
12. Five bleed lines on left and right in raised print.
5 On the Reverse side.
13. Year of printing of the note on the left.
14. Swachh Bharat logo with the slogan.
15. Language panel towards the centre.
16. Red Fort- an image of Indian heritage site with Indian flag.
17. Denomination numeral in Devanagari on the right.
Click page-2 below to know about 2000 Rupees Note.