It’s happening people. Take a few minutes to sit down and breath. The Republican is set to take the Presidential position by January 20, 2017. His win has been met with celebration all over India who see a potential goldmine of opportunities.
The Trumpster has officially reached where most wouldn’t even dream of- The White House. The Republican is set to take the Presidential position by January 20, 2017, and has already stated that his administration would function ‘for all Americans’.
Making America great was just one part of the several outlandish promises made by him. But let’s take a look at how ‘great’ the future seems for India with Trump leading the U.S.
What Trump Thinks of India
Donald Trump’s remarks about India and Asia can only be described as poorly worded or plain inappropriate. His ideas of India being a country that speaks ‘Hindu’ has already become a subject much mockery.
But it’s important to understand that Trump has stated that he is willing to resolve tensions between India and Pakistan.
At the same time, he’s attempted to extend a welcoming hand to Indian businesses by commenting on the country’s development.
“By the way, India is doing great. Nobody talks about it. I have big jobs going up in India. But India is doing great.” he once stated.
And unlike other presidential candidates, he’s been keenly candid about the rising issues of terrorism in Asia and even termed India as a ‘check’ to Pakistan.
The Republican nominee, soon to be President, even used Narendra Modi’s campaign slogans to reel in voters. But behind the political stage, nothing can be said of a politician’s true intentions.
What India Can Expect Out Of Trump
1. Better negotiations and trade deals to set up his own businesses in India with a special focus on Mumbai. The city is also slated to be the hub of another Trump Tower.
2. A tight clinch on international trade and stocks is well anticipated. Trump seems in no mood to let Indian and Chinese to take a huge chunk of the global market. New additions to the North American Free Trade Agreement will deal unforeseen negative consequences.
3. ‘Illegal Immigration’ was a word of frequent use throughout the campaign. Reforms in the H1B and green card procedures would further complicate issues for Indians planning to settle abroad. He further lashed out on countries with a proven history of terrorism which doesn’t put India into the best of positions.
4. A cataclysmic economic war between U.S. and China is highly possible. China who he labeled as a ‘currency manipulator’ will likely reach out to India and force diplomatic conundrums on both sides.
5. Trump once claimed climate change to be a Chinese conspiracy. He further mentioned his decision to withdraw from the Climate change agreement forged at Paris. India is going to have a tough time to convince him to consider renewable energy since it supports on the latter.
6. A stronger dollar to the rupee is what most are looking towards. Whatever the effects, you can be sure that Trump won’t be making it ‘great again’.
The world might seem like it blew up and began anew but it’s been a tough year and a tougher election. Trump might not be what the world expected to lead a new chapter in U.S. history but in the end, history will judge him for his actions and decisions.
Catch up with the latest news in politics only on Tomatoheart. Subscribe, like, comment and leave a comment for more saucy articles.
Discussion about this post