If a list of best performances in the history of world cinema is compiled then, no one can forget to include the role of Heath Ledger’s Joker in The Dark Knight.
His fans were in a state of extreme shock when they came to know eight years ago that the brilliant actor left us due to accidental overdose.
The man was as a legendary actor. We all know the stories that he locked himself in a hotel room for over a month. He created his very famous diary, experimented with voices and laughs till found the most iconic and suitable one. And also when Michael Caine(Alfred) became so startled after seeing that he totally forgot his lines.
Get latest updates straight to your inbox.
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
According to News.com.au , his father Kim Ledger, a 66-year-old business man has revealed his last words to the world.
He revealed that the last conversation he had with his family was with his sister Kate about his medications. She warned him, ‘‘You can’t mix drugs that you don’t know anything about.”
“He said, ‘Katie, Katie, I’ll be fine!’ Well, that’s a cavalier boy’s answer. It just put his whole system to sleep I guess.”
– Kim Ledger on Heath’s last words
The 28-year-old actor died because of different and several prescriptions of drugs, in his apartment in New York on Jan 22, 2008. His fans around the globe were shocked on hearing the news of his sad demise.
The report stated that he died due to acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine, and his death was ‘accident, resulting from the abuse of prescribed medications.’
His father condemned his son for the demise by saying that it was totally his fault – there is no one else to blame.
Unknowingly Heath trapped himself in the web of his own creation. His fans still miss him. R.I.P Heath Ledger.
Don’t forget to share this story with your friends.