Everyone’s favorite deductive high functioning sociopath is back to elude viewers for the fourth time. BBC has just confirmed that the fourth season of the series. It’s currently in the works and fans are speculating where the show is headed.
A spell-bound trailer was released just a few hours ago. But the cast left the San Diego Comic Con Panel even more confused after images began circulating of three major plot words.
Get latest updates straight to your inbox.
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Creators expressed their interest in taking the series to more darker places and putting the characters through unbelievable emotional trudges. “We’re certainly going to put them through the mill,” Moffat told the media. “It’s going to be more of an emotional upheaval. Hopefully enjoyable and fun, all the things Sherlock must always be. It will be tough at times. Maybe that’s the word? A tougher series.”
What we know so far:
- No official air dates have been confirmed. But based on previous transmission dates, the first episode is most likely to premiere on January 1,2017. The next two episodes will follow on the 8th and 15th.
- Moffat and Gatiss have famously throw arc words hinting the villain or story beforehand. They’ve already completed ‘A Study in Scarlet’, ‘The Hound of the Baskervilles’ and ‘The Sign of Four’. This leaves ‘The Valley of Fear’,’The Disappearance of Lady Frances Carfax’ and ‘The Adventure of the Dying Detective’ untouched. We could expect a lot of material from these three, one which even focuses on Moriarty’s chronological introduction.
- Toby Jones is by default the new villain with Moriarty and Magnussen seemingly not in the picture. A quick search on the actor’s CV profile reveals that he’s playing Culverton Smith confirming ‘The Dying Detective’.
- New screens show Sherlock with a little face fuzz. Maybe he’s faking a tropical illness as part of ‘The Dying Detective’. Many speculate it’s probably the creators’ way of giving him a battered look.
- Spoiler alert time!There’s a lot being said as to who will meet his/her demise by the end. Moffat mentioned in an interview how Mary will follow the turbulent story much akin to Doyle’s canon. ‘The Abominable Bride’ too dropped some hints related to Mycroft’s untimely death. Dark places indeed.
- The busy time schedules and the actors’ interests have brought up a real important question. One being whether this will be the last season. But as far as season finales go a fifth installment seems questionable.
Let’s watch the official trailer now:
Want to remain up ahead on any Sherlock related news? Then share, subscribe and leave a comment and always keep coming to your entertainment center-TomatoHeart.