The result one of India’s toughest tests, Civil Services examination 2015 has announced today and once again, a female candidate has topped this exam . Yes, we are talking about Tina Dabi, a 22-year-old woman from Delhi who has topped the 2015 civil services examination on her first attempt. The 2014 UPSC topper was also a woman, Ira Singhal and she is also from Delhi.
A total of 1,078 candidates cleared the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) exam — 499 from the general category, 314 from the other backward classes, 176 from the scheduled castes and 89 from the scheduled tribes. The second topper is Athar Aamir Ul Shafi Khan who is from Jammu and Kashmir and the third topper is again from Delhi. His name is Jasmeet Singh Sandhu.
Here we have listed 10 things that we know about this young , beautiful and hard-working Inspiring woman as of now:
1. She has secured the first rank at the age of 22, among the total of 1,078 finally selected candidates from the examination in her very first attempt. Her roll number in the civil services exam is Roll No. 0256747.
Image source: Business-standard
2. Tina Dabi is from Delhi and she has done her schooling from the Convent of Jesus & Mary in New Delhi. She topped CBSE Class 12th Board in Political Science by getting 100 out of 100 marks in the above-mentioned subject. After completing her schooling, she applied for the Lady Shri Ram College For Women in 2011 and took admission in B. A. Political Science. She was also the topper of LSR in her batch.
3. She wanted to be an Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer from the Haryana cadre and hence she has given Haryana as the first preferred cadre. She says that she wants a challenging job and Haryana suits for it.
4. She gives credits for her success to these four things- Patience, focus, discipline and family support .
5. She has profound enthusiasm for the Constitution of India and the Indian governmental issues from her school days. It was her interest in this discipline that was reflected in her first-year result where she was the topper among other students of Delhi University in Political Science discipline.
Image Source: NDTV
6. Tina Dabi is likewise blessed with an astounding speech aptitude. Actually, she has been a significant debater since her school days.
7. She wants to be a role model for girls who are aspiring to clear UPSC in the first attempt.
8. She was the Vice Speaker of Youth Parliament in 2012 where her performance was just sparkling.
Image Source:Hindustan Times
9. One interesting thing about this year’s UPSC result is that all Top three candidates belong to the difference religious background. Tina belongs to a Hindu family. The second rank holder Aamir Ul Shafi Khan is from a Muslim family and the third rank holder Jasmeet Singh Sandhu is from Punjab and belongs to a Sikh family. It’s mere a coincidence but this result for 2015 has surely reflected the genuine soul of Indian secularism.
10. Now the last thing about her is an optional, unverified yet interesting information. She is an adorable and beautiful woman but she is still single 🙂 as per this blog post, She is not committed to anyone till now and not even looking for any committed relationship at this moment. If you are even little aware about UPSC exams , you must be knowing about the hard work and the level of commitment it demands to excel and hence why she had no time for these boyfriend-girlfriend things.
Image Source: Blogspot
Now, just one more thing about her. Look at her incredibly innocent and beautiful smile. If you haven’t noticed it yet then simply revisit all these photographs for a moment. You may say, who won’t be happy after getting such a good result but let me remind you that not all these pictures were taken after her UPSC result. She has this naturally beautiful smile.
Some Extra Updated Facts:
* Tina Dabi was born in Bhopal. Her parents shifted to Delhi when she was in class VII and since then she is living Delhi only. I have already stated that she did her schooling from Convent of Jesus and Mary
* Her mother’s name is Himani Dabi , she is an engineer from NIT, Bhopal and she was also the topper of her college. Her father Jaswanth Dabi is also an engineer, working with the Department of Telecom.
* As a matter of fact, both of her parents had cracked UPSC Indian Engineering Services – IES. Tina has one younger sister, named Riya.
* Tina Dabi was so focussed for UPSC that in fact, she had taken admission in Rau’s IAS Academy way back in 2011 when she was just 18 years old. Check this snapshot of her enrollment form at RAU’s IAS Study Circle.
Image Source: ipious
* Do you know that there are hundreds of fake profiles on Facebook and other social media sites on her name. Read more about this news here.
If you liked this article. Please share and comment.
Stay motivated !