Muhammad Ali, who often considered as the greatest heavyweight boxer, died late Friday night in a Phoenix-area hospital at the age of 74 years. As per news reports, He suffered from Parkinson’s disease and died from respiratory complications. Born Cassius Marcellus Clay, Jr. on January 17, 1942, Ali won his first 31 fights before suffering any loss. He was named the world heavyweight champion by the World Boxing Association for three years, in 1964, 1974, and 1978. He was an Olympic gold medalist and a quick-footed dancer in the ring, lithe and smart and ready with trash talk to throw off his opponents.
He began boxing training when he was just 12 years old and at the age of 22, he won the world heavyweight championship in 1964 from Sonny Liston in a stunning upset. Soon after the Liston fight, Muhammad Ali joined the Nation of Islam and changed his name. He again converted to Sunni Islam in 1975, and 30 years later began adhering to Sufism.
Get latest updates straight to your inbox.
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
He was likewise a worldwide celebrity who was never hesitant to talk his brain, during a period when black men who talked their psyches frequently paid the consequences. His happy gloating about his capacities made him enormously enjoyable to watch on camera. Be that as it may, his unapologetic, outspoken politics made him a figure of gigantic centrality.
Here we have listed 21 of his best quotes (in no particular order):
1. “Don’t count the days; make the days count.”
2. “Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.”
3. “Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you’re going to be right.”
4. “I’m young; I’m handsome; I’m fast. I can’t possibly be beaten.”
5. “It’s hard to be humble when you’re as great as I am.”
6. “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.”
7. “If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, they can sure make something out of you.
8. “If you even dream of beating me you’d better wake up and apologize.”
9. “A man who has no imagination has no wings.”
10. “If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it—then I can achieve it.”
11. “I’m the most recognized and loved man that ever lived cuz there weren’t no satellites when Jesus and Moses were around, so people far away in the villages didn’t know about them.”
12. “A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
13. “I’m not the greatest, I’m the double greatest.”
14. “It’s not bragging if you can back it up.”
15. “Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn’t matter which color does the hating. It’s just plain wrong.”
16. “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.”
17. “Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they’ve been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It’s an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It’s a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.”
18. “At home I am a nice guy: but I don’t want the world to know. Humble people, I’ve found, don’t get very far.”
19. . “Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. His hands can’t hit what his eyes can’t see. Now you see me, now you don’t. George thinks he will, but I know he won’t.
20. “It’s just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.”
21. “Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.”